Our Mothers Knew It

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.

Being away from home and serving a mission for my church has really opened my eyes to the how much of a blessing my parents have been in my life and in particular my dear mother.  This entry is a tribute to her.

My Family Photo January 2013
I can remember so many occasions where my mum would get a block of chocolate and end up giving most of it to all of us kids. She has been such a great example of charity – the pure Love of Christ, as she has selflessly raised us children to be the best we can be.

I look back to all the times when she taught me to sing, cook, clean, read and write; the times when she helped me with school projects and to overcome my fears and the many times where she would comfort me when I felt sad. Above all she raised us (along with my Dad) in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She taught me to pray to my Heavenly Father, to read from the Scriptures, to serve others and to turn to the Savior and follow him.

In the Book of Mormon we read about 2,000 young men who were exceedingly valiant, courageous, and strong. “Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him” (Alma 53:21). These faithful young men paid tribute to their mothers. They said, “Our mothers knew it” (Alma 56:48). 
The responsibility mothers have today has never required more attention.  Children are being born into a world where immorality is taking over and where Satan’s grasp is becoming stronger than ever. We need mothers who know it, more than ever before. As scary as this responsibility may seem, with the Lords help, mothers can have great power and influence for good on their children.

I am so grateful for my mother, Fiona Walmsley, and for all those examples of faithful mothers around me who have made sure their children know who they are and what Gods plan is for them. xx

The song for today was one I recently wrote for a dear friend of mine 
Caroline Wolfe, who is a great example of a faithful and loving Mother. 


Savior in Your Life

Verse 1
Walking down a lonely road
With blisters on my feet
Wondering which way to go
Then you hear the voice of your mother
Telling you as a child
All you ever need to know
She would take you by the hand and say darling don’t forget
The one whose love is always there

Chorus
He will be the one true Saviour in your life
Ready to stand there by your side
Hoping to make you feel alright
He will hold your hand and be your guide
And even when darkness fills your mind
He’ll be that saviour in your life

Verse 2
You can feel your heart is racing
As the nights slipping in
And yoru slowly losing sight
Then you hear your angel mother
Saying to kneel and pray to our father up above
She would take you in her arms and say
Darling don’t you cry
Things will soon be alright

Chorus
In your life

Bridge
Look to the stars and never think that things are out of reach
Please remember with his help you can get through anything
Don’t Forget

Chorus

0 comments: