We are in charge of our attitudes!

Since I was a little girl, I always found it rather difficult to sit and watch the news on television from beginning to end. Dad used to say "Jenna, you would be surprised how much you can learn from watching the news". But I wasn't interested; I would rather watch Malcolm in the Middle which was screening on the other channel. Since finishing high school my reasons for not really enjoying world news have changed completely. I just find it straight out depressing. All that is left in my mind are the devastating effects of natural disasters around the world and the horror of pain and suffering to innocent people caused by the actions of man. We see a constant increase of war and murder rooted from greed, jealousy and hatred and it now appears that the world, in which we live, is just continually getting worse.

It is so easy to be affected by what happens to and around us. Even just viewing what’s going on in the world is enough to get me down. So how can we still be happy, in among all that goes on in the world? There is a quote that I once heard by a man called Charles R. Swindoll:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, than money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg6OuLsZOBVDKRSZeCp_4KKg744ttxsbw8c6-qsqfvpIuSGq3wvp3A-BKn2GY7sr3bwuuQgCY1ahwBOWLMjLv_SspcD83eB3V_MWgj_HSeWz5TOGU82brQm_VKb-Q9Z3r-sKrtHApGHl_A/s320/1005718_480559228686823_518414076_n.jpg

We are the ones in control of our attitudes, and no one can take that away from us! The reality is, that at some stage in our lives we will each experiences to some degree, a devastating experience that may leave us battered and bruised, physically, mentally or spiritually. But it is the attitude in which we tackle these experiences that will determine our happiness at the end of it. We mustn't allow those things to take control and leave us in pessimism or despair.

The song for today's blog is called "Daises in My Hair" and it is basically about seeing the world in a positive way by noticing all the blessings God has given us. There is always good that can be found even while bad exists and I often find that out in nature. I feel closer to my Saviour as I walk under the sun and admire the beauty of the mountains, trees, flowers, oceans and rivers...  and of course music can be a great source of joy that can take one’s mind away from their troubles.


Daisies in My Hair By Jenna Walmsley, AJ Ahmu & Fiona Walmsley


1 comment:

  1. Jenna sister wlamsley this this bolg is very good, I congratulate you on the songs to listen have helped me to inspirational thoughts in Christ.

    ReplyDelete