When He Knelt to the Father

Over this Easter period, we all had the opportunity to once again to reflect on sacrifice of our brother and Savior Jesus Christ. What a special and sacred time it has been. Two weeks ago, while I was preparing a musical item to sing at an Easter concert, I decided that I wanted to try composing
an original song on this topic. Before serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I really struggled with writing songs about Jesus Christ. I couldn't express into words the feelings or thoughts I had on this topic that was most precious to me. I usually found myself discontent with what I had come up with, and would try re-write it until eventually I just tore up the drafts. Since serving as one of the Lords missionaries however, my relationship with God and Jesus Christ has grown so much and as I have born my testimony of Jesus Christ daily, I have felt an increase of the spirit of God in my life and words of love and gratitude for the Savior have been flowing into my heart.

The song that I wrote over this Easter, "When He Knelt to the Father", came so quickly to me as I thought of what this moment in history meant to me. I was able to feel an overwhelming sense of peace, knowing that this event really did happen.

I have truly come to know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that he knelt down before God that night in the Garden of Gethsemane, and took upon himself all of my infirmities and every mistake we have and will make. I know that because of this sacrifice that he understands all the pain and trials we will ever face and that because of him, we will one day rise again. This is my testimony.

When He Knelt to the Father

Verse 1:
Do you remember the stories of long ago,
Of a man who came to lead us all back home,
He walked upon the waters, he calmed the raging seas,
He healed the sick and lame man and caused the blind to see.
His arms are open for us and if we just believe
He'll lift us from the world and help us to be free

Chorus:
When he knelt to the Father,
He earnestly prayed
To take all our sins and our sorrows away
And then he carried the cross
For all of mankind
And then he died
So you and I, may one day rise

Verse 2:
With every word he said and good deed, he showed the way
And through his endless love and grace, we can be saved
He suffered in the Garden, He bled from every pour
So he could understand all the heartache we'd endure
His arms are open for us and if we just believe
He'll lift us from the world and help us to be free

Chorus:

Bridge:
And in the darkest moments,
When you feel like letting go,
Just give to him your broken heart
And he will let you know,
Through a peace that overcomes you
And assurance in your soul
That the price for you was paid
A dark night long ago

Chorus:


0 comments: